Camping and Survival Info.
A lot of people new and old to the outdoor festival experience often forget to bring the essential items.
Here is a quick survival guide to help jump-start your memory.
- Clothes for all sorts of weather; it’s Australia! It can be pretty hot during the day, but very cold during the night-time and we know it’s not nice to freeze your buns off in the dark while everyone else is partying. For similar reasons, a rain jacket is always very handy and a hat or a scarf to protect your bouncing head from the sun.
We all love to walk barefoot, but don’t forget a spare pair of shoes or flip-flops, you might need them.
- Camping gear, that includes tent, sleeping bag, pillow, mattress, blanket, but also rug, chair, rubbish bags, a tarp or a marquee to provide extra shade or protection from the rain. Remember that your campsite is your home away from home, you want it to be nice and comfortable, it’s your place to chill out and recharge your energies.
- Flashlight or headlamp, because sometimes moonlight is not really enough to see where you are going.
- Water, water and water. One of the most essential items to make sure you keep partying and stay good. We will be providing lots of drinking water, but it never hurts to bring your own and have a supply close to your camp.
- Plenty of fruits. Fruits are awesome snacks and will provide you with all the vitamins, minerals and important nutrients for a happy party.
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, lip balm: stay moist!
- All the toiletries you might potentially need, such as wet wipes (there are no showers on site), toothpaste and toothbrush, hand sanitiser, condoms, toilet paper (we will provide toilet paper, but it’s always a good idea to have some extra
- Portable ashtray to carry with you at all times. Cigarette butts, lids, chewing-gums, glitters and similar micro rubbish
represent a big problem for the environment, because people tend to not think about them as a big deal when it comes to pollution, and because being so little, they are difficult to be spotted and picked up when cleaning the site after a festival.
Please be mindful and respectful of your surroundings. Always think that EVERYTHING you bring to a party must leave the party as well. If it’s not you taking care of your things, then it will be somebody else, so be considerate, try and do the best with your rubbish.
- Plenty of cash as there will be no access to cash machines on site and chances are you will want to buy yourself some healthy food and yummy drinks, or might even want to indulge in some
shopping in our Tiki Town market area.
- Costumes: be colourful and get crazy with your friends!
- Earplugs. If you want to be super close to the speakers, it might be better for you in the long term if you brought some earplugs along with you and helped saved your little earsies from future damage.
- An open-minded attitude and your best smile. Be friendly and kind to others, act with respect and compassion. We are all in this together, let’s share our best and have fun!